Tribe: Slightly shortened class
1. Warming up with our book club wins and losses; also, an announcement about documentary #3
2. Book Clubbing, Day 3: What larger patterns are starting to emerge? What tensions are on the rise? Any shifts yet?
3. Exiting with your success tickets
1. Assigned book club reading and syllabus for MONDAY MONDAY MONDAY (not Tuesday).
*BIG SWITCH-A-ROO FOR NEXT WEEK: We will have a book club meeting on Monday, May 8, and then two documentary days in a row on Tuesday and Wednesday. You will have 15-20 minutes of reading time on Monday.*
2. Bring your documentary tracking sheet to class tomorrow; write me a note if you'd like me to regrade your Waiting for Superman section.
3. Prepare your new one-minute speech with your new rhetorical appeal tomorrow. Click here for the topics. There will be a twist...stay tuned.
For students with school-issued Chromebooks:
- You will only need your Chromebook for this class if you need it to prepare your speech. You will otherwise not need it on the last day of class nor during finals.
- Please turn in your Chromebook as early as possible based on your needs for other finals.
- If your Chromebook is damaged or lost, come see us before finals week.
- You now turn in your Chromebook to the library, not to your English teacher.